Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Confessions

Lately I have been frustrated and tense...just ask Ron! Of course having two kids is hard, why would I have ever thought any different. Of course marriage is work, for some reason I must have thought it was just one long date. Of course life throws you curve balls, why would I ever think we were immune to them? It is amazing how God can bring you back on your knees so quickly. It is amazing how when you really listen to God you realize that you aren't living quite the way He wants and expects you to live as a follower. I realize it is time to change my outlook on life. I am truly thankful that God has blessed us with two healthy, beautiful children. It is more than I could have ever hoped or dreamed for. I am thankful for my wonderful husband...he really is the best husband in the world. You see it is easy to be thankful for those things but the true test is being thankful even in the midst of curve balls or trials. This week I have seen the strength of a friend, a strength beyond all understanding, a strength that only comes from a full reliance on God. I have seen my mom, faced with the possibility of cancer, have such a confidence that everything will be fine no matter the outcome. I am thankful for these examples of Christ-like faith in the lives of people around me but above all I am thankful that we have a God who is big enough to allow us to ask "why" and loving enough to walk us through the pain that we sometimes face in life. Thank you God for all your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment